The Book of Revelation Summary
Who wrote the book of Revelation?
Answer: The Apostle John
Revelation 1:9- I, John, your brother and fellow participant in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
Who was the book of Revelation written too?
Answer: Seven Churches In Asia
Revelation 1:4- John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before His throne
Revelation 1:11- saying, “Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
- Ephesus- (Revelation 2:1-7): known for having done a lot of hard work and for their perseverance. They often separated themselves from the wicked but they were admonished for having forsaken its first love. They got salty towards people.
- Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11)- admired for keeping faithful during hard times. They are rich “in Spirit.” They were told about a future persecution of their Church.
- Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17)- they were a faithful and bold group even though they are near to what the Bible calls “satan’s throne.” They are encouraged to repent for allowing false teachers to affect their faith, specifically the teaching of Balaam and Balak.
- Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-29)- this Church group has grown a lot in their love, faith, service and perseverance but they are being seduced the teachings of Jezebel. The Spirit of Jezebel are teachings that allow people to live in sexual immorality.
- Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6)- This group of people has a really good reputation, but the Bible says this Church is dead. They are told to complete the work God wants them to do. They are cautioned to fortify itself and through repentance, return to God.
- Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13)- a great reputation for its steadfast faith, keeping the word of God and enduring patiently.
- Laodicea (revelation 3:14-22)- God calls them lukewarm and boring. They are a very wealthy group, but the Bible says they are ” naked and wretched” in Spirit.
Understanding Revelation and Apocalyptic Language
End Times Prophecy | Is the book of Revelation for the past or the future?
Revelation 1:1- The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,
Revelation 1:4- John to the seven churches that are in Asia…
Revelation 1:9- I, John, your brother and fellow participant in the tribulation…
Revelation 1:10-I was in the Spirit on day of the Lord…
Revelation 1:11- Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.
Revelation 11:1- Then there was given to me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, “Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.
Revelation 22:6- And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.
Revelation 22:7- And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.
Revelation 22:10- And he *said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.
Revelation 22:12- Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to reward each one as his work deserves.
Revelation 22:16- I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you of these things concerning the churches.
Revelation 22:20- He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
Daniel 12:8-10- 8 But as for me, I heard but did not understand; so I said, “My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?” 9 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for these words will be kept secret and sealed up until the end time. 10 Many will be purged, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.
Daniel 12:13- But as for you, go your way to the end; then you will die and rise for your allotted portion at the end of time.
What is the book of Revelation all about conclusion
Jeremiah 3:8- And I saw that for all the adulteries of faithless Israel, I had sent her away and given her a certificate of divorce
Deuteronomy 32:43- Rejoice, you nations, with His people; For He will avenge the blood of His servants, And will return vengeance on His adversaries, And will atone for His land and His people.”
Matthew 23:34-36- Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will flog in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city, so that upon you will fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
Luke 21:22- For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
You may like the teaching below. Apostle Johnny did a conference call for Pastors, Church Leaders, and Christians who have a desire to understand the Bible a bit deeper.