Me and My House Mission | Coming Together For Our Community
COVID-19 has impacted almost every household in our community. Besides the danger of the virus, one of the most significant challenges is food insecurity. Food pantries and programs for our seniors, families, and children have slowed their distribution or closed completely. Together we can make sure that no one goes hungry.
Together we “CAN” make a difference!
We are partnering with residents, businesses, and our local municipalities to reach our community with much-needed canned goods and non-perishable food items. Here is how it works:
- You can contact us via this form to donate – Online Donation Form
- The Sound of Heaven team will contact you and arrange for pick up
- Leave canned goods and/or non-perishable food items on your front porch or a predetermined area
- We will then pick up the items, sanitize them for the safety of our recipients, and distribute your generous donation
Who is receiving the food?
We started in Babylon, but have since provided assistance to individuals all across Long Island. Seniors will get priority but all are welcome. To date, we have not turned anyone away. Distribution is dependent upon availability. We are distributing through the following channels:
- Direct Home Delivery
- Food Pantries supported by the local Department of Human Services
- Supplementing Child food programs through local schools upon request
Can you support financially? YES, YOU CAN!
Many have offered monetary donations in which we do the shopping based upon the expressed needs of local food distribution centers. Want to donate?
Can you volunteer? YES, YOU CAN!
We need volunteers to pick up and drop off food. Click here to volunteer!
Do you need help?
We are here for you! All requests are 100% confidential. Click the link below and let us know what you need!
We are stronger together! Thank you for connecting with us!
You may also call 631-940-1935 to speak with a representative at Sound of Heaven.
Join the Facebook group and get regular updates!